Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The View

I am on the fourth floor at the Huntsman Cancer Hospital, my room faces the west looking over the Salt Lake Valley.  On a clear day you can see for miles, many spectacular landmarks.  On inversion day those landmarks are hidden.


Here is the picture of my view today.  In the distance the view is distorted with smog and fog.  Closer is view it is lighter and clearer, there a small flakes of snow slowly brushing past my window.   It is peaceful when I focus on what is close.

This made me think of an analogy of my life right now.  In the distant future my life looks dark and unsure of what's out there.  When I think of the present,  it is much clear, full of light, and peaceful.  I choose to focus on the good in my life and the wonderful things I have to look forward to this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment