Monday, January 10, 2011

Lay Low Monday

I wish I  could have laid low today, but I had a to do list.
I needed to:
Get a blood test
Take paperwork to Physical Therapist and make an appointment
Have a follow up appointment with the Radiology Oncologist.
Make an appointment with a PT that can fit me with a Lymphedema sleeve.

I wanted to:
Catch a big sale at Bath and Body Works to redeem a great coupon and gift card.
Get good sales at Rite Aid
Have lunch with my boys.

Believe it or not it all got done.  I got sick before lunch but I was able to recover quickly and finished up.  I spent the afternoon resting.

I received a call from my oncologist nurse with result of my blood test.  Things are  not good.  My white cells are at 700.  They do not like to see them get lower than 1000.  I will start 2 different antibiotics immediately.  My platelets are also low.  I need to stay away from sharp objects.  If I bleed for any reason more than 30 minutes I will need to go to the emergency room.

Here's hoping for a good night's rest and a better start tomorrow.     :)

1 comment:

  1. so glad you were able to get so much done! Sorry to hear your blood test was not good. our thoughts and prayers are with you! Hey can you give me an Idea of something you would like in a package? We were driving in the car the other day you came up in our conversation and Ethan said we should send her a package. his Idea was a gift card. I wasn't sure if you would be up to going out. I said may be we could get some thing for you to do at home and he decided we should get you wii fit plus. David said I am sure they have it. so let me know if there are some things we could send for you! we love you! hope you have a great day! stay away from sharp objects!

    ReplyDelete