Monday, January 24, 2011

Round Two Starts Today

Shane took the day off to take me to Huntsman.  We arrived before 9 am and make our way to clinic E.  I got my blood work orders and go to get my port a cath accessed.  We anticipate that my platelets have recovered enough to start another round of chemo.  I waited 12 minutes to be helped.  The access process went very smooth,  They access both sides of my port and make sure there is blood return.  Then they take blood for the test and flush the lines with saline and heparin.  Because I will be at the hospital for the week they tape everything down well. 

We are off to see Dr Gouw.  We spoke about the affects that I had during and after chemo.  He chose to keep the levels the same for this round.  He had not received my blood results but chose to send me up to check in.

Room 4515 was waiting for me with a view of the mountains.  I figure that we arrive an hour earlier than last time so I should get started at least an hour earlier.  By lunch time my stomach was getting upset.  I tried to order lunch but they did not have orders yet.  Within five minutes they got it straighten out and I was able to eat.   My stomach still seem unsettled.  It may have been nerves. 

At 1:30 pm they brought in my pre medication and started them.  I get a steroid (Decadron) and zofran.  A half hour later I start on the Chemo,  Doxorubicin, Ifosomide and Mesna.   

Shane and I spent some time working of puzzles together before needs to go home.

Later I have dinner then watch some TV before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment