Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Tuesday Night was Difficult Wednesday is Much Better

In the afternoons I start a new set of drugs, two of them affect me the most.  The steroid makes my blood glucose rise to the point that I need insulin shots.  It also gives me mood swings and I become emotional. The chemo drug Ifosfamide is one that affects the brain so I feel quite foggy and less able to concentrate when it is taking affect.

I am getting a constant drip of fluids which is now building up in my body.  Tuesday night I weighed 13 pounds more than on I did on Monday.  My extremities are swelling.  I was given Lasix to help pull the water out.  It worked wonders.  I had to spend alot of time in the bathroom through the night but it helped with much of the swelling.

Wednesday morning I was feeling like a new person.  now it's time for the new set of drugs to take affect.  I hope for a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment