Saturday, January 8, 2011

Home Sweet Home

After five days in the hospital, being infused with chemo drugs, home is a welcome place. 

The hospital is nice, Great people  work to make sure the stay is pleasant.  Doctors make rounds often to make sure each patient is doing well.  I had a physical therapist that worked with my arm each day.   The nurses and CNAs are fabulous.  You would think it would be hard to leave. 

I was ready to get rid of my dancing partner, IV pole.  I had been so full of fluids that I gained 15 pounds.  To get rid of that weight you need to stay close to the bathroom. Sleep came a couple of hours at a time.

I had plenty of things to do.  I read, worked on word searches, kept up on email, and went for several walks.  I walked a mile each of the last 3 days I was there.

Friday I was feeling the effects of the drugs.  I was very tired and slept most of the day.   I felt nausea mid morning then discovered a pill on the floor.  It was an anti nausea pill that didn't make it to my mouth.  I soon had one to replace it.

Saturday I needed a Nuelasta shot to help build my white blood counts.  We went back to Huntsman to receive that shot.  Other than that trip, I have spent most of my time in the recliner dozing.   I know that this feeling will pass and tomorrow and each day after will be a better day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment