Monday, January 31, 2011

My Week after Round Two of Chemo

Monday I had blood work done and found that my white counts had plummeted.  I began antibiotics and my isolation from anyone that may carry a bad germ.  I rested lots.

I had a difficult time doing much of anything for most of the week.  I felt weak and tired.  I went to the clinic again on Thursday to check blood counts.  Everything was still low,  I do have an excuse for my body to not want to work.  I cancelled my physical therapy appointment on Friday, I just did not feel up to it.

Tammy had appointments with her doctor on Friday, she brought Morgan with her and stayed the weekend.  Our goal was to finish Alden's Christmas present, his jean quilt.  Friday I sat at the serger and sewed all the pieces together.  Saturday Tammy was able to put the quilt on the frames and tie it.  I tried to help her and became frustrated with myself.  My arm just does not work like I would like it to.  We needed to move a board,  I was holding it in my right arm but did not have the strength to keep it where it was needed.  It finally fell from my grip.  I felt helpless as I did not have the strength to push the tacks into the frames.  Tammy can get it done though, she worked hard so I didn't have to.


I made a few ties in the quilt before realizing that it was taking me way to long with struggles at each tie.  I recruited Alden and Shane and before long it was completed!.


Our quilt is done!  Tammy is my lifesaver, she kept me going on this project every step of the way.  I would not have been able to do it without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment