Monday, October 11, 2010

September 17 2010 ^^^^^ Let's Go See the Doctor

After the MRI I expected to have to wait until Monday’s appointment with the Orthopedic Surgeon to hear the results.
However, we received a call from the doctor on a Friday afternoon.  She said, "Theresa, could you come down to my office.  I need to talk to you about the results of your MRI."  I replied, "Yes, I will bring my husband."  She responded with, “Yes, that will be good."   You know from that conversation that it is not going to be good.  My primary care doctor is very compassionate and caring towards me.  She was very sorry to tell us that the cancer was in the humorous bone and muscles around it.  The best thing she could do for me until I could see the doctors at Huntsman would be to give me pain pills.  I told her I hated taking them because I do not want to get hooked on them.  Her response was startling to us.  At this point, we are not concerned about you becoming addicted.  Wow reality has a way of slapping you in the face!
The doctor's office said that they would cancel the appointment on Monday and would set up the appointment at Huntsman for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment