Friday, October 22, 2010

Fabulous Friday

My fabulous Friday was spent with my fantastic friend Gwen.   I met Gwen through the Internet when our son Derek received his mission call to Peru two and a half years ago.   I signed up on this website LDS Missionary Moms to connect with other moms who had sons in Peru.  Immediately  I heard from Gwen and Bonnie.  We met for lunch where I was able to listen to them talk with complete excitement about their missionaries.  I loved being able to ask them questions and get help with what I needed to do to prepare for Derek's mission.  I have learned so much from these ladies and we will be forever friends.



Gwen quickly offered to come help me with whatever I needed.  I had started a project this summer that I am going to have a difficult time finishing.   Gwen jumped in with both hands at the sewing machine!

Later she picked up some Chinese food for lunch.  This is my fortune from my cookie, it couldn't be more true.
      "Good things come to those who wait.  Be Patient."



Shane's parents, Doyle and Hazel came by to visit today on their way to Logan.  They were surprised to see me up and moving around.  I am feeling really well,  I just can't do anything with my right arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment