Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Night to Remember

Two weeeks ago, Alden finished all his paperwork for his  mission.  They were submitted the day before my surgery.  Alden has done this without me pushing him.  He asked me to sign some paperwork and make his medical appointment.  I asked if he wanted me to review the answers to his questions but he felt confident with them.

We figured it would be two weeks to recieve his call.  I put mail in the mailbox today so that I could watch for the flag to go down.  At three o'clock the flag was down.  I calmly went to the mailbox and found the big white envelope address to "Elder Alden Hyde".  I sat it on the piano and sent a text to everyone that it had come.

Alden had spent the night deer hunting with his friends so he was not home yet.  We made arrangements to open it at 7pm.    Here is a video of how it all happened.



I am so pleased with the decision that Alden has made to serve the Lord on a mission.  Austraila, Adelaide will be blessed to have such a great young man serve them.

1 comment:

  1. What a thrill, and how wonderful that you could record it!!!!
    Grandma B.

    ReplyDelete