Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ring The Bell

Today was my last radiation treatment on my arm.  We celebrated and rang the bell.

The cancer center at Ogden Regional has a bell with a plaque that reads:
"Ring this bell,
Three times well,
It's toll to clearly say,
My treatment's done,
Its course is run,
And I am on my way."


As I signed my final paperwork I was given a beautiful handknit shawl.
The note on this reads:
May god's grace be upon this shawl..warming, comforting, enfolding and embracing.
May this mantle be a safe haven...A sacred place of security and well being..sustained and embracing in good times as well as difficult ones.
May the one who recieves this shawl be cradled in hope, kept in joy, graced with peace, and wrapped in love.
On this date, 8-10-10 and around our gather circle this shawl has passed through our praying hands and blessed by our loving hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment