Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Fun Packed Saturday

I got an email from my friend Gwen a few days ago inviting me to brunch at Taggarts and a surprise for Saturday morning.  I quickly jump on the opportunity to spend some time with her and the surprise made me very curious!  Later I realize that I had a Saturday afternoon engagement with Britney and her husband's family (all the girls) to the Nutcracker.  I hadn't overbooked, just tightly booked!

Saturday morning Derek took me to Morgan, I met Gwen at her house and we drove to a home in Morgan where we met Gwen's mother.  The man, Larry, that owns this home, decorates the inside with hundreds of nativities and theme Christmas trees.  Larry's mother passed away several years ago from cancer, he takes a donation for viewing his home and gives the collection to cancer research. 

His home and decorations are incredible.  I was amazed by the hundreds of different nativities that were displayed,  large and small, some hung on the wall. others were puzzles that fit together. 
The kitchen was decorated with Coke memorabilia and Santa.  There were as many as 30 trees decorated in different themes, all flat ornaments, Rudolf, chickens and dogs, to name a few. 
Larry owns the "Chicken Inn"  a nice restaurant in Morgan.  One of the bedrooms was decorated with chickens.  There was even a nativity with chicken angels, and a baby chick coming out of it's shell. 
The bathroom was even decorated,  Frosty the snowman was in the bathtub with snowball to keep him from melting.  This was an experience to remember, my mind is still trying to wrap around the incredible work that has gone into all of these decorations.  Oh I wish I had taken more pictures so I could remember a few more details

Gwen and I had a bowl of chicken and artichoke heart soup with yummy roll while sitting by the fireplace at Taggerts.  I have not eaten at Taggarts before,  it was a marvelous meal.





Gwen drove me back to Ogden to meet Britney. 
We picked up Geni, my sister in law and we headed to the Capitol Theater in Salt Lake.  

It is a Nattress tradition that all the girls see the Nutcracker at Christmas time.  They are so loving and generous to invite me. 

 I am stunned each year by the beautiful scenery.  I am more astounded by the dancing.  I remember taking a ballet class in college.  They make it look so easy. 

We finished off the day with dinner overlooking the lights on temple square. This has been a lovely afternoon and evening.  Thanks you Nattress family!

No comments:

Post a Comment