Thursday, November 4, 2010

Three Weeks Down Three To Go in this Brace

I have hit the half way mark.  In three more weeks I will see Dr Randall again and I am hoping to be able to move and have more freedom with my right arm. 
I have become somewhat attached to this brace.  I take it off twice a day for exercises, by the time I am finished I am ready for it to be back on.  It helps me feel more stable and I am able to relax it without as much pain.
RADIATION
Monday I went to Huntsman and visited with the radiation oncologist.  She was ready to get me started until she said I would need to come every day for at least three weeks.  I asked if I could have it done closer to home because it would be one hour verses three hours a day.  The drive down and back would be a killer for three weeks.  She quickly referred me to a Dr at Ogden Regional Hospital.
Today I saw the new Dr.  He was very thorough and gave me some very good options.  However he was just filling in for the week.  He will have another Dr look at my case and I will meet with him next week.   I am OK with this.  It will give me more time to heal and they may come up with a plan that would take care of the tumors in my back at the same time.  I am hoping for better treatment overall!

No comments:

Post a Comment