Sunday, November 28, 2010

Seven Years Ago..

It was seven years ago today that we received the phone call from the Doctor, telling us that I had cancer and he wanted to see me the next day.

What is the first thing that you do when you are told that you have cancer?  I remember after hanging up the phone and telling Shane, I said "I don't want to have cancer." almost in disbelief.

The first thing that we did was to go to the church and get a blessing from our bishop. I remember that being a great comfort.

As we did research about Leiomyosarcoma we found that the prognosis was not good.  One thing that Shane and I promised each other that we would not talk about the "what ifs".

We have faith that our Heavenly Father knows us and our needs.  He know the desires of our hearts.  He swhat is best for each of us.  Even at times of setback I feel His love.  I know that my life is in His hands,  I am trying to do all that I can and He is doing the rest.  I am thankful for blessings I have received and the countless prayers given in my behalf.  I know our prayers are heard and answered.  I am here today because of them.

1 comment: