Monday, November 29, 2010

I May Need a Personal Secretary...

My schedule is getting busier.  It all started with a busy day.  Shane and I went to Ogden Regional Hospital.  He gave blood and I had a radiation treatment.  We made our way two Huntsman for two doctor appointments.
I had a x-ray taken of my arm then went to see Dr Randall.  He said everything looks great and I am ready for physical therapy.  He moved my arm around and asked me how much I could do on my own.  I have been really good to keep my arm in the sling so my muscles are really tight and sore.  I am not to move my hand away from my body in a 90 degree angle.  This will dislocate my shoulder.  My tennis days are over with my left hand.
We also saw Dr. Gouw, my oncologist.  He feels it is OK to wait until after Christmas and the new year to start chemotherapy.  I will try a different chemo that I have not used before.  It is one that is commonly used for Leiomyosarcoma.  It will require me to stay in the hospital for three to four days with a constant drip of the drug and an IV.  The cycle is for three week, so about four days on the drug and two and a half weeks off.  The drugs are Ifosfamide and doxorubicin,  I do need to get a new port put in.  The one I have will not allow blood to be drawn from it.  They will put a new one in that has two access points so that I can have two IVs in at once.  That is great because I have bad veins that do not like to cooperate with needles.

So here is what my new schedule will be like.
Continue radiation every day until next Wednesday.
Start physical therapy this Wednesday, three times a week for six weeks.
Next week I will have a CT Scan and Echo Cardio Gram to make sure my heart will handle this chemo.
I will be scheduled for a new Port a Cath in two weeks.
I will begin Chemotherapy at the beginning of next year.

I am thankful for my family and friends that are so willing to help me get where I need to be.
I am thankful for smart and compassionate doctors.

 

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is "Hang in there, Dear Girl,like you have for the past seven years."
    You're amazing..
    Love you and pray for you,
    Maisel

    ReplyDelete