Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I am Thankful for My Super Siblings,

Here are just a few reasons........
I have always (had to) look up at my big brother Joe.  He has always been a good example to me   He paved the way for the rest of us.  This summer 2009, after our visit he gave me one of his big bear hugs and told me he loved me.  He may appear rough and gruff, but he is a softy on the inside.  I love my big bro!'

                                          Summer 2007

My sister Tammy and I have always been close, maybe because we are only 14 months apart, 
She is so willing and always looking for ways to help me out.  Most recently she brought me clothes from her closet that I could wear cause I did not have any I could war with my brace.  I loved spending time with her this summer.  We put on an open house for her son and new wife.  We went to California together.  She helped me start a quilting project and now she is finishing it for me,  When she visits she looks for ways to help me.  We have spent several Thanksgivings together.  She (we) will be cooking the turkey this year.  We will always be the best of friends, I love my barely younger sister.


When I called and told Darrell that I would be fighting this cancer again he was genuinely concerned and wished the best for me.  We I texted everyone got out of surgery and told them that I was doing ok,  his reply was "Awesome!!  You are as bad as a teenager texting as soon as you possibly can! haha"  I love my brother Darrell.


My brother Lynn would do just about anything for me.  He generously helped us get a timeshare for our families' vacation to Disneyland.  Lynn manufactures motorcycle parts.  His company is Pro Moto Billet   So when I told him I was going to have a bone replaced he asked what they were going to replace it with a  "Bionic Woman Bone?'
I told him I thought he could build me a new bone,  His response was "I would build you anything you asked for."  I am going to keep this loving brother.


Gordon's family is very special to us.  They have spent a lot of time with us.  Their children have built strong relationships with us. When I told Gordon of the spread of cancer to my bone, this was his response.  "Sister you cease to amaze us.  You are an example of so many attributes we strive to have in our lives.  Your positive attitude and endurance a just incredible.  Our family has so much love for you and your family.  We have been talking a lot with the kids about your situation.  They each took our family fast very seriously and are exercising their faith on your behalf.  We  love you very much and our thoughts and prayers will be with you for a successful surgery and speedy recovery." 


My sister Kendra  an incredible young mother of three little children under the age of five.  Her two girls are just 13 months apart.  I know she has her hands full but still has time to check in on me and give me words of encouragement.  This summer Kendra came to my house and we bottles 35 quarts of tomatoes for her food storage.  What a joy it was to work side by side with her.


I am thankful for my super siblings.  I know that our relationships are eternal! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment