Friday, November 12, 2010

Radiation Treatment Planning

I went to the Cancer Center at Ogden Regional Hospital.  A mold was made for me.  This was done by me laying down on a mat filled with beads on the cat scan bed.  They positioned my arm how it needed to be during the radiation treatments,  They pushed the bag around me then sucked the air out of the bag.  This made it hard and solid.  They made some markings on my arm and put a bb on three spots.  I had a scan taken while in the mold and with the bbs on.  After the scan the bbs were removed and replaced with a dot and circle  made with a permanent marker.  A piece of clear adhesive was put on the markings as they need to stay there until my next appointment.  They will coordinate the images with the computer and the radiation machine and then I will be ready for the treatments.

I am thankful for modern technology,

1 comment:

  1. Hope all goes well with your treatments! our thoughts and prayers are with you. WE love you!

    ReplyDelete