Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Neighborly Love

Hello! This is Britney, Theresa's daughter.  As most of you probably know my mom passed away a few weeks ago.  (More on that in a moment).  I know that she would want to give recognition to the many friends and neighbors who donated time and money to build a playground for my parent's backyard.  Here is what she said about it on her Facebook page:

A Christmas Surprise!
I was washing a dish in the sink as I caught a glance of something different outside the window. Just then Shane walked in and got accused of scheming this big surprise, He denied and blamed me. Who would have thought of such a wonderful gift for us. Our hearts are filled with the love and charity for touching lives and sharing this with us. Many thanks to so many of you!


This was truly an amazing gift.  On the front of the roof of the playhouse it says, "Grandma's Playhouse" and on the back, "Keep Trying, Do Your Best, Never Ever Give Up".  I love that my kids will think of their wonderful grandma whenever they are swinging, sliding, or climbing.  They will also be reminded of the wonderful legacy she left for them of never giving up!   For those of you who had a hand in this wonderful gift-THANK YOU.  Not only from my mom, but from me, and her grandkids.  This is a priceless gift you have given.  We love you all!





This is a thank you card that she asked me to make just days before she passed.  She never saw it but she told me exactly what she wanted them to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment