Tuesday, November 22, 2011

November 22, 2011


I am thankful for Alden our last child. Alden and I have a special relationship. There is something about the baby of the family. I was able to spend one on one time with him when the older kids were at school. We loved to use the walkie talkies. I remember sitting and rocking him when he had the chicken pox. One day while walking home after taking kids to school, he had the dog on the leash.... I was ahead of him and he said "mom, slow down, sparky wants to smell the flowers." He has taught me to slow down and enjoy life.
When I was going through chemo, I would come home and lay on the bed. Alden would bring a game in and we would play it on the bed. Before he went on his mission he was my right arm. He did all that I was not able to do. He drove me where I needed to be. He is a great example to me. He is serving and being a representative of Jesus Christ in Australia. I am proud of him. I miss him but would not want him to be anywhere else. I love my baby, Alden.

No comments:

Post a Comment