Thursday, September 8, 2011

Chemo Treatments will not stop me from having a good time

My day started at 4:30 am with a quick shower and getting ready to catch a ride to Huntsman with a dear friend that works there.

We arrived around 6 am and I got out the laptop and checked email and facebook.  At 7;30 am I checked in early for my appointment, which paid off in big ways.  They got me right in and started on the long list of procedures.
Weight and vitals, port access, blood draws, Warfarin pill, more blood draws, pre-meds, blood draw and chemo med, Belinostat. After the drug was given I had more blood draws. I had a two hour break and was able to get some lunch at the Point Restaurant.  My last blood draw was at 4:30 pm.

For the last month I have look forward to seeing the Nashville Tribute Band play in Ogden.  I had given up that hope when I knew I had a long day at the hospital.  I was pleasantly surprised when the day went so quickly.  So Britney and kids picked me up at the hospital and took me home.  We played with kids and Shane agreed to take me to the concert.  Derek and Jessica went along as well.

We had a beautiful time, it was perfect weather, the atmosphere was wonderful and the music was soul stirring. 

Chemo will not stop me from having a good time.

Me and Shane, Jessica and Derek

Kaylyn, Laney and me


No comments:

Post a Comment