Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Another Clinical Trial

Another day at Huntsman.  I left home at 8 AM and got to Huntsman by 9 AM.  Today I am to have labs drawn, take a pill, then have a series of labs drawn over the course of eight hours.  All in a  days work.  The pill is Warfarin (Coumadin).  The first week I will come back to Huntsman each day for a blood draw.  Documentation will be made to see how the blood reacts to the Warfarin.

In two weeks I will start on the drug Belinostat.  I will have just as many blood draws to watch and see how the blood reacts or changes.  As long as my body can handle this drug I can stay on the study for six weeks.  I can use the drug longer if it is beneficial.

I am praying for some great results.  As I looked over my last CT Scan I found that the tumors continue to grow.  I need and want them to stop.

Good things about being at the hospital for nine hours:
I got to read more of the book "Animal Vegetable Miracle".
I caught up in my email and facebook.  I looked at all of Britney's new post on her blog!
I played a couple of games of Sudoku.
I had a wonderful free lunch.  A beautiful salad with salmon.
I am writing on my blog!!

Now the long day is over and I have the drives back and forth to Huntsman for a blood draws each day for the next week,

No comments:

Post a Comment