Monday, May 9, 2011

Just Another Day at Huntsman

Starting about Wednesday last week my bicep in my right arm has been sore.  It felt warm and had a bit of redness.  I have been trying to use my arm more, so I thought maybe I was overusing it.  I also started to sleep in the bed instead of the recliner so I thought maybe that could be causing some problems.

Sunday I showed it to my friend, a nurse.  She agreed that it was warm, swollen and red.  She voiced concern that it had symptoms of a blood clot.  I agreed to call the doctor on Monday to check it out.

I call the nurse at Huntsman and they wanted me to see a doctor there.  I drove to Britney's house and she drove me to Huntsman.  I spent the day having blood tests, then trying to get a blood test from my arm, (that did not work) and finally an ultrasound on my arm to look for blood clots.

After spending the day there I have peace of mind that it is not an infection or a blood clot.  I will wear my compression sleeve and watch it.
I will go back to Huntsman to pick up the antibiotic to start my next round of the clinical trial on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment